In the past, business owners weren’t required to have an online presence. While it’s still true that those aren’t hard requirements to run a business in the present, it’s become almost a necessity to have an online presence with more consumers turning to online shopping and researching a business before going to a store.
As a digital marketing company, our SEO services have always been our recommended service for our clients. Organic search results account for over 50 percent of website traffic, which means that if your website isn’t visible on search engines like Google, your business is practically invisible to users who could have become your customers.
If you’re a business owner interested in learning the gist of what SEO is as well as what our SEO management services are and how they can benefit your company, keep reading to learn more.
What Is SEO?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is a strategy used to make your website more visible on search engine results for keyword phrases relevant to your business. To increase visibility, your website has to be within the first page, preferably at the top. While you can pay search engines to quickly get to the top of the page, getting your website to the top organically through SEO lasts longer and looks more trustworthy.
SEO strategies should always be flexible. It involves many strategies and techniques, and while there are some techniques to improve SEO that apply to most businesses, no two businesses have similar SEO strategies.
When a person is looking for a product or services your business offers, chances are they’ll go online and search for a keyword-relevant to your business’ product/service. If your SEO is done right, your website should appear on the first page of the results. And when they do visit your page, your website is optimized enough that they know you’re the business you’re looking for, so they become a paying customer. If done incorrectly, however, that person will opt to do business with your competitors instead.
What Is SEO Management?
SEO management refers to a company or agency taking charge of your SEO campaign. Simply put, when you opt for our SEO services, we manage the different aspects of your SEO strategy to help ensure your business maximizes all the opportunities for improvement and develops as much as it can.
The SEO campaign for your business website will be led by an SEO manager, someone who has the most skill and expertise on the industry and can lead a team of content writers, web developers, SEO analysts, and more to improve your website. Some of the SEO tasks our team will perform include:
- Market analysis. We look into your business, its goals, its products, and services, and then see who your appropriate target market is. While many businesses may think that they don’t or shouldn’t have a specific target in mind and open up their business to everybody, narrowing down your target market can help your marketing efforts point to one specific group that is most likely interested in your business.
- Website optimisation. Improving the technical and content parts of your website to help it look more authoritative on Google’s algorithm but to also make it more visually appealing to your customers. Considering that visually unappealing websites can dissuade customers from purchasing, improving the visual parts are just as important as the content of your website.
- Social media optimisation. SMO in your digital marketing strategy can help you tap your target market found in social media. Social media is a good way to reach out to potential customers and drive traffic back to your website.
- Keyword research. You want your business to be found for relevant keywords. We do keyword research to find which related keywords your target audience is searching for and what your business is ranking for.
- Managing and optimising on-page content. We add on-page blogs and create pages for your products and services so that when Google crawls your website, it can determine that you’re an authority source for your niche.
- Online reputation management. There’s no point in being at the top of search results if overwhelmingly negative reviews dissuade customers from patronizing your business. We handle your online reputation to mitigate the effects of negative reviews and putting your business in a better life.
- Negotiating backlinks. When other websites link back to your website, Google sees this as those websites vouching for your authority. By performing guest blogging on relevant websites, we can put backlinks on websites with bigger authority.
- Developing an effective SEO strategy, campaign organization, and planning.
Steps to Successful SEO Management
- Finding the Right Audience
Some businesses may believe that targeting a specific audience may rob them of the opportunity of potential customers outside that target audience. This is why some businesses choose not to have a target audience and market themselves for every age group, gender, income bracket, job, and other demographic factors.
While you can choose to sell to everyone, mass marketing your business wastes your resources on certain demographics that aren’t interested in your product. If you want a real-life example, take a look at Starbucks’ poor business performance here in Australia. Starbucks is a very popular American brand for coffee, but in 2008, Starbucks closed down 70% of its stores here. Australia is one of the biggest coffee markets in the world, which was why Starbucks could not market itself in a sea of other coffee businesses nor find a target market of those who weren’t loyal to other coffee brands.
Without the right target audience, your digital marketing strategy can’t really create a need for your product that everyone will relate to. So, if you want efficient SEO management services, understanding who your target market is will be necessary to creating a good strategy.
- Analyzing the Competition
While your strategy should be focused on what you’re doing, your SEO management team will also be looking at your competition. This helps us determine what your competition is doing right that’s keeping them at the top of the page and see if we can improve on their strategy and use it on your business.
Our SEO services look at both your direct competitors (those that have the same product or service as you within the same area) and your indirect competitors (those that have similar keywords but are not necessarily the same business).
- Monthly Reporting
We don’t just tell you about the improvements to your website. We show proof that your SEO strategies is driving in traffic with accurate reports that indicate your ROI. Remember, the endgame of your digital marketing strategy isn’t just to get a thousand people to visit your website; it’s to get a fraction of those people to go from website visitor to paying customer. By seeing an increase of this conversion, you can tell whether or not your digital marketing strategy is worth it.
With billions of online searches being done every day, it’s highly likely that a few of those searches are related to your business. SEO can help drive those users to see your business, which can turn into a paying customer. If you’re interested in putting your business into the spotlight, then it’s time to get a team to manage your SEO campaign today.