Table of Contents
Understanding the Role of Digital Marketing
First off, we must understand the role of a digital marketing team. Part of the deliverables is coming up with a solid SEO content strategy. Under this team, you have your manager, writer, designer, and content strategist, SEO, and analytics experts.
Simply put, it is the job of the SEO specialist and the rest of the digital marketing team to make your website show up at the top of the search engine results. Ten years ago, that job looked a lot different than it does now, and it requires a whole new skill-set from what was needed back then.
As the adage goes, “Content is king”, and modern SEO specialists know that search engines are getting more complex while placing increasing value on quality content – which will invariably include keywords or phrases that increase traffic to a site.
Together, the team becomes problem-solvers and decision-makers, with the ability to prioritize and develop relevant and engaging content.
Overview on Optimised Content
A significant factor in garnering more traffic to your website is the quantity and quality of relevant and authoritative content. More often than not, users did not arrive at your website out of curiosity and pure chance. Because before they even arrive at your site, they already have a purpose for the search. It’s our job to make sure that they find what they were looking for enough to lead to conversions.
Web Content Writing 101
There are strategies to make it easier for the user to find you and give what the user needs. Website content writing services are part of the services digital marketers have that makes sure your website and business are seen on the digital landscape effectively.
- Title & Heading. What to do with your title tags and meta description. We want to have interesting headlines that include our keywords without resorting to click baits. From the title and headings alone, a user will decide if the content they are searching for is in their grasp.
- The structure is what makes your content cohesive. A well-thought outline organises your topic clusters and maximises them to your advantage.
- Bite-sized paragraphs allow your user to enjoy the content instead of having a wall of words to look at. Easily-digestible content contributes to a better understanding for the user as well as gives a pleasant overall user experience.
- Anchor links to related articles and sites are also there to showcase a more well-rounded approach to the subject matter while providing well-thought-of research and good relationships from equally relevant sites.
- Imagery adds dynamic visual elements to your content and makes it a more engaging read for users giving a higher chance of a conversion.
Finding Inspiration for your Content
Lastly, conceptualizing new content for your SEO content strategy can be challenging. For every topic imaginable, given the depth and breadth of the internet, it’s easy to assume that it’s been created already. However, this does not mean that you will not be able to come up with new, fresh ideas.
On the flip side, the same depth and breadth of the internet assure you of an endless pool of possibilities. The beauty of the whole wide web in its complexity is that its very nature is interactive. There are countless insights and discussions from real people from a medley of topics, we just need to know the proper channels of where we can find inspiration.
- Forums like Reddit give an interactive approach to a broad source of information where you can pick up a lot of ideas for content.
- Customer feedback, comments, and reviews on websites can be a great source of insight for products, ideas, and services.
- Trending topics gives a traffic advantage to your content due to its potential to be a viral post.
- Your archive can also be revisited to discover a wealth of new inspiration and expanded content.
- Social Listening, your offline interactions can be a source of the content so polish your listening skills and not just for gossip.
- Related words in Google searches provide insight into what people can be searching for, making it a great source of topics for content.
The digital landscape is ever-changing, and a dynamic approach to things will help tremendously. Part of web content writing is research and the most important thing we need to understand is our audience and their goals. They want their queries answered, and we want to improve our ranking and conversions for our own goals. We should also learn how to optimise on-page content for a better user experience. SEO assures that through effective SEO Content Writing. This way, we can have a win-win situation.
Keeping It Fresh
Another thing to keep in mind in our SEO content writing is to make it evergreen. We want it to be a timeless reference filled with relevant information. Of course, once we have our content nailed down, we have to keep it consistent with the brand’s goals, vision, and purpose.
Audiences are attracted to content filled with friendly, informational pieces of information that give them what they want in the most optimal way possible in a tone of voice they can easily relate with that stands the test of time.
Ava has been in the marketing industry for nearly a decade with a background in content marketing, social media management and video production. She loves talking about the latest tech trends and has a passion for sharing what she has learned from industry leaders to help launch SMEs to greater heights.